Apply to become Carer Positive
Employers wishing to become a Carer Positive employer are required to undertake a self-assessment process to demonstrate how they meet each of the 3 award levels.
Our application forms are not long or complicated, however we are always happy to arrange a meeting, or to provide help and advice over the phone or email, if you have any questions or concerns before it is completed.
To arrange this, please email email@example.com
or call 0141 378 1065.
Employers new to Carer Positive
Employers new to Carer Positive must first apply for Level 1
Once they have been awarded ‘Engaged’ status, employers may progress through the system, applying for the other two levels in turn. If you already have practices and policies in place to support carers in your workplace, you may be able to progress through the awards quickly.
Free to participate
Carer Positive is funded by the Scottish Government so the application process, resource materials and award certificate are all free of charge!
What level do I apply for?
New to Carer Positive?Apply for Level 1: Engaged Download ENGAGED Form
- The organisation has awareness of carers within the workforce and has made a commitment to support carers through workplace policies/working practices
- There is some evidence that systems and processes have been developed to support this
- Carers are supported to identify themselves as carers and can access support within the organisation to help them manage their work and caring responsibilities
Already engaged?Aim for Level 2: Established Download ESTABLISHED Form
- The organisation involves carers in the development of policies and processes to support carers within the workforce
- Well documented policies and systems are in place and communicated throughout the organisation
- A culture of support is embedded within the organisation
- Carers feel comfortable in identifying themselves and in accessing available support both from within and outside the organisation
- They are fully informed of and involved in any changes / development of the support to carers in the workplace
Established?Become Exemplary (Level 3) Download EXEMPLARY Form
- The organisation is recognised for its exemplary support for working carers
- The organisation demonstrates creative and innovative approaches to supporting and involving carers
- The organisation engages in wider awareness raising activities, whether community based/external promotional campaigns, or in forums to communicate the business case to other employers
- Carers are encouraged to lead on the development of new approaches to support carers
- Where practical, carers are positively encouraged in the recruitment process to access employment in this organisation